Smart Classroom and Application in Modern Learning
Currently, there are many modern learning models and concepts that can be used to improve the quality and learning experience, one of which is the Smart Classroom. Smart Classroom or smart classroom is currently one of the new trends that is starting to be widely adopted and has an influence on the transformation of learning in schools.
Smart Classroom itself is a learning concept that combines the use of various technological devices and information systems that are digitally integrated with each other to improve the learning process and interaction between teachers and students.
Why Smart Classroom Becomes Important in Modern Learning?
Today’s dynamic changes require fellow Teachers and Students to continuously adapt and learn new skills. For example, when the policy of studying from home or learning online is enforced, fellow teachers must be ready and able to manage online learning with various teaching materials, methods and digital teaching resources.
Therefore, the presence of Smart Classrooms in schools is one of the right solutions in facing the current and future digital era. The use of Smart Classroom in current learning is expected to support and facilitate teachers and students in teaching and learning.
On the other hand, the use of Smart Classroom technology such as E-learning also aims to save paper usage (paperless), and can develop various skills and new innovations in the field of Education.
Characteristics and Important Aspects of Smart Classroom
SmartClassroom is always synonymous with E-learning which is the main aspect in running this learning model. Of course, building a smart learning space system in schools and in the education community requires various preparations and considerations.
The following are some of the characteristics and features that the SmartClassroom concept generally needs to have, especially those based on E-learning, including:
- BahThe teaching materials used are self-learning materials in digital format and stored in online (cloud) and computer (offline) storage.
- Utilizing the functions of electronic technology (software and hardware).
- It has the features of setting a learning schedule, a room for sharing materials, discussions, learning progress results, as well as matters relating to other educational administration processes that are integrated and can be adjusted according to needs.
- Learning can be done directly (syncronus) or indirectly/independently (asyncronus).
The important aspects of the SmartClassroom concept that need to be understood are:
- Creating formal and informal learning solutions.
- Provides access to a wide variety of learning resources (human-content)
Application of Smart Classroom in K-12 Learning
In choosing and implementing the SmartClassroom model for your School or Institution, of course, you need various considerations. This is because in preparing an ICT-based smart school room, it is necessary to prepare various infrastructure and resources so that it needs to be adjusted to the conditions, readiness and needs of the school.
In summary, the Components in E-Learning include: Hardware, Infrastructure/network, Software, Materials/Contents, Interaction strategies, Subjects (Teachers, students, etc.).
In its development, at least the software and hardware components that need to be provided as commonly used in schools and educational institutions today are:
- LMS (Learning Management System) engine
- CMS (Content Management System)
- SMS (School Management System)
- Social Stream
- Smart Device
Source : Lenovo Indonesia